YOGA CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
Awaken and Recharge
A funky morning flow, which includes a shakin’ wake and a variety of standing and seated postures, designed to work all the muscles of the body, build strength, endurance and flexibility. Class concludes with recharging breath work and rejuvenating savasana.
Aerial Yoga Beginner/Advanced
Aerial Beginner/Advanced (progressive series) is a fun fusion of yoga and aerial arts. It combines the support of suspended fabric (hammock) with classic yoga postures to create a unique practice that is challenging yet still accessible. Sequences include upper body and core conditioning, inversions, and restorative postures.
Core Yoga is a combination of breath and movement to stimulate and strengthen the abdominals, support the spine, improve digestion and increase lung capacity while enhancing posture and balance. Cultivate and achieve internal focus and external power from the core of your being.
Yang Yin Yoga
Yang Yin Yoga begins with an active (yang) flow to engage the muscles, to energize the body combined and concluding with a passive yin practice to relax the muscles and open the joints – getting the best of both worlds, linking breath to movement and stillness, leaving feeling balanced, mind, body and soul.
Hip Hip Hooray
Hip hip hooray explores yoga and movement from a position of strength and engagement, alongside gentle stretching. Sensations of pain, tightness and stiffness are not always a symptom of tight hips, rather, they may be a result of weak hips – therefore, stretching is not always the only or best solution. Through creative use of props, changing the body’s relationship to gravity and including active variations of some of your favorite yoga poses and transitions, we create force (load) on the joints and tissues, with the intention of building support in those weak areas.
MFR Yin Yoga
MFR is an alternate treatment technique that treats skeletal muscle immobility and pain by contracting muscles; This releases the tension in the connective tissues that wrap, connect, and support the muscles.
We will combine MFR and Yin yoga, complimenting one another to relax and restore muscles, allowing connective tissues and joints to open. Relieve tightness, rehydrate the fascia connective tissues and create more mobility in the body.
Hatha Vinyasa Flow
Move to the rhythm of the breath through this 60 minute meditative class where different styles of yoga are explored. Practice Surya Namaskar, a flow of revitalizing asanas combined with mudras, mantras, bandhas, and pranayama techniques to help balance our active and passive energies – a true learning experience.
This yoga class takes a blend of different styles to create a unique flow designed to challenge and strengthen you while also softening and relaxing you. With room to experiment and explore; this fun flow is all about having a good time and getting you through that mid week funk.
Aerial Sound Meditation
Aerial Meditation! Experience the soothing power of sound! Rachel will guide you through a relaxing, magical sound aerial hammock meditation using singing bowls. Literally floating, feeling weightless, releasing tension in the mind and body by quietly relaxing, replacing it with inner peace.
Allow the cosmic vibrations of seven crystal singing bowls to permeate every cell in your being; relax the body, clear the subconscious, calm the mind, and activate the body’s natural healing systems.
YOGA CLASS RATES
1. All Pricing HST Inclusive.
2. Beginner Yoga & Aerial Yoga Classes are Pre-Registered.
3. Class Passes Traditional Yoga Only, Including Lunch Power Hour & Karma Class.
4. Class Passes may not be used for Special Events or Workshops; Monthly rates also exclude Workshops.
5. Unlimited monthly rates apply to traditional yoga only; must pay in full or provide a credit card.
6. Pre-Registered classes are limited in space; a missed class may be deferred if notified in advance, if space permits, for up to one class instance.
7. Please provide at least 2 hours notification if you will not be attending a Pre-Registered Aerial Yoga Class if previous notice has not been received.
8. Please check Facebook or Instagram up to date information regarding closures, cancellations or changes to the schedule.
9. Please arrive within 5-10 minutes before class; the door will be locked once class begins.
10. The studio will only be accessible 15 minutes before your class begins.
11. No refunds unless class is cancelled.
12. Class passes expire 1 year from purchase date unless otherwise stated.
Going away? One month memberships can be frozen ONE TIME for up to 5 consecutive days; three month memberships can be frozen ONE TIME for up to 14 consecutive days; six month memberships can be frozen TWO TIMES for up to 14 consecutive days each. **Not applicable on $30 for 30 days introductory promotion.